Tuesday, October 18, 2011

People are Scum- Part 1

I say part 1 cause I can guarantee I'll have more rants regarding this sad excuse of a species called Human Beings.

So yesterday I was on Facebook and someone had posted an ad off Kijiji about a dog needed a home. I immediately reposted it, being the animal lover I am. However, when I read it again and thought more about it, it seemed fishy. I am not going to post the actual ad, but I will summarize what was said.

The poster claims that they are fostering a dog for a rescue group and that in four days they have to move. If the dog has no home, then they are forced to surrender it to a shelter where it will most likely be put down due to it's age(the dog is 12). The poster also claims that the rescue group whom they are fostering for can't take the dog back and that most rescues won't take in the dog due to it's age.

Ok, where to begin? First of all, even if this particular rescue group cannot take the dog back maybe due to over capacity, then LOOK FOR ANOTHER. I googled this persons location and found TONS of other rescue groups. Many even state that they will take any dog. Even elderly dogs.

Not only is that bullshit, but it puts a bad name on rescue groups. What if someone saw that who has to surrender there pet, but then they think they can;'t cause this ignorant person said rescues won't take elderly dogs? Guess what happens. Another innocent life is destroyed all because some piece of shit scumbag won't send out an email to other rescue groups. Instead they resort to lies.

Also, an important point, most rescue groups will even transport the pet with absolutely no cost to you. I had my rescue, Jackson, transported all the way from Ottawa to London. It didn't cost me anything extra.

Another thing, I understand situations arise and sometimes you have to move, but everything else in this ad seemed off, so this also makes me feel as though they are telling lies about this too. Rescue groups take there work very seriously. They make sure a possible foster parent is going to commit fully to an animal they take into there home. If you knew you had to move, then you don't take in the dog, and I know as a matter of fact a rescue group won't give a pet to someone whom they know will be moving.

Again, something urgent may have come up though.

I decided to email this person to suggest that they contact other rescue groups. They got rude with me right away and...well I will post the messages.

Me: "Can;t you find another rescue group? There are tons and I am sure many would even be willing to transport her since most rescue groups do anything to keep animals out of high kill shelters."

Moron: "no offence but i wish people wouldn't send messages like this as it fills up my inbox and takes away room from productive messages from people who might be able to help.  even most rescue groups don't care about elderly dogs, that is why this rescue group woudn't take her back."


Me; "People honestly "fill up" your inbox? I find that unlikely. The reason i replied is cause your ad seemed like complete bullshit. Rescues do not care about age. I googled the Hamilton area to check if you were lacking rescue groups. Not even close to lacking. Clearly you were lazy and didn't want to attempt to even send a few emails to groups. Even if a specific group couldn't take her, I guarantee they'd at least point you in the right direction."

Moron: "You find that unlikely when YOU yourself just sent another useless message when I have already told you to keep your rude and unhelpful messages to yourself?  We have contacted plenty of rescue groups, and if that's all the help you're going to be, is to send people insulting messages, maybe the problem you are pointing out is more of a YOU problem than a SOMEONE ELSE problem.

I'm asking you again not to bother sending me any more messages.  I posted an ad trying to find an elderly dog a home.  If you're not going to be part of the solution, don't cause problems."

And then sent this one too. "Even if I had lied in an attempt to find a dog a home, who the hell cares?  And even if I did post on kijiji instead of contacting a shelter where the dog might be kept alive but in a cage, or a lab where she would be alive but tested on, who the hell cares?  I mean realistically, even if I was a complete lying douchebag like you've decided I am because you'd rather not help in any way but want to make the whole situation MY fault and NAMECALL, typical unwashed Hamilton behaviour

I AM FINDING A DOG A HOME AND YOU ARE SENDING RUDE MESSAGES, NAMECALLING, AND GENERALLY WASTING MY TIME."

Me: "I am helping by encouraging you to contact other rescue groups. But since you won't, I did the work for you.

I hope someone gets in touch with you soon, and I sincerely hope that your ad finds this dog a forever home as opposed to just another foster hope. This dog doesn't need to be put in a shelter where it will most likely be put down. Rescues don't kill. Consider it."

Apparently, calling someone lazy is name calling.

So, that last message I sent was after I contacted multiple rescue groups in Hamilton and Toronto. A couple replied shortly after asking for contact info(the person changed the ad and said the dog found a home) and that it is inexcusable for a rescue group to deny an animal needing help. One reply in particular was extremely informative since the group was aware of this so-called rescue group that wouldn't take the dog back. And they know what dog I was referring to. Whether all this is truth or not, doesn't really matter. That dog was thrown in an inhumane situation. (Btw I hate the term "Inhumane". It suggests that people do good on a regular basis when in reality, there are WAY more scumbags then people who are completely selfless)

Anywho, here's the email I was just talking about.

"The Rescue (if you can call it that) is called "Kit Kat Club" and we had never heard of them but apparently Pet Valu on Wilson Street in Hamilton has been featuring their kittens (selling their kittens in their store) but declined that they had any other involvement with them.  This is contrary to what I have found and as we do some promotion for Pet Valu, we will be contacting the owner to make a formal complaint.

It would appear that this group has been fundraising and such but the money apparently seems to be going into pockets rather than to help the animals.  (this is second hand info and based on how they have treated this poor dog that was in their care)

Kit Kat Club does have a facebook page where the dog can be seen.  We have been in contact and hopefully this will be resolved very shortly as the SPCA has been to the house to check on the dog's condition and to lay charges if able.  Regardless that this woman was just fostering, the dog was in her care all summer and according to her, has eye infections and is  totally flea infested.  He has been kept in a shed and from what I understand (second hand info) was being fed cat food.  It is only because Martha is moving and the group refused to help her with the dog that she posted to us as well as several other places asking for help.  She should have done something long ago to get help for this dog.

What Martha told us is that the dog was taken from an elderly woman who was going into a nursing home and she paid Kit Kat Club $150.00 to take the dog.  The group then asked her to foster the dog and they have refused to help or contact her again other than to tell her to contact us.  I hate to think what she would be feeling is she knew where her beloved pet ended up!    

As of yesterday, the SPCA had been informed and were going to the house to meet with Martha and see the dog.  I don't know if they will give us any information at this point but we would sure like to know what happened to the dog.

I just saw the email from Korinne saying the dog had found a home.  I do know that there was someone, a gentleman of good honour willing to take the dog but not sure that happened before the SPCA got there.

This is all just too horrible and I hope someone can do something about this so called group!!!

Karlene
Rescue Director
Ugly Mutts Dog Rescue"
 
Well, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment