Friday, February 25, 2011

"There is no such thing as a free animal"

I read my friends blog(of the same name) and it got me ranting abit in my head. I'll probably cover some of the stuff she said in hers, but in my own way and maybe this rant might break off into another? Who knows!

http://sarahsramblins.blogspot.com/2011/02/no-such-thing-as-free-animal.html  <---read

I always have trouble starting to write. lol Where to begin...

 Oh! People are dumb.

Let me paint you alittle picture here. Person sees cute puppy. Person thinks "CUTTTTEEE!!!". Person buys puppy(usually for cheap since these selfish dicks won't pay full price. If you can't afford to pay full price for an animal, you can't afford the animal. Unless it's a rescue. Then that's another story). A few weeks...or even days later, person realizes puppy actually involves work. Person gets mad at puppy for doing unwanted behavior. Person either remains irresponsible and keeps puppy, or decides to get rid of it.

One thing that REALLY gets to me is people always treat there animals like people. Animals speak another language. I think it is crucial we learn to understand them. Trust me, your life with your dog will be so much less stressful and more rewarding for the both of you. When the dog pees in the house, or barks, or chews, it's usually YOUR fault. Not the animals. Like if you left paper towels on a low table and the puppy takes it and shreds it allover your house, it is your fault for leaving it there in the first place. Would you leave a glass on the edge of a table with infants around? No(I hope not at least). They don't know any better and could end up breaking it, and possibly injuring themselves. Same goes for animals.

Here is one example of irresponsible behavior;
People will buy a specific breed of dog without researching it. All breeds are different. They each have there own quirks, and health issues and it is crucial you look into this before purchasing the pet.  A good example is with Border Collies. This breed was bred for working all day long. Then people come along and buy one simply cause it's "looks". They then get mad when the dog chews, and tears apart stuff. The dog is literally going stir crazy. Since they are a working breed, they need lots of exercise and mental stimulation. People just don't get this and they blame the dog. Really? Your dog chews apart your newspaper and it's the dogs fault? Maybe you should have researched the breed before hand and you'd realize locking it in a small apartment for hours on end with nothing to do is not a good idea. Or maybe you could get off your lazy ass and walk it. Don't have the time? You shouldn't have the dog then.

Another thing that pisses me off is when people allow there pets to become obese. Again, this is another lazy thing people do. They claim they "don't have time" to have feeding times. -.- It takes two seconds. Especially for most people since they use commercial food brands. All you do is scoop some food twice a day. Voila! Not hard people. If I had nothing to do all day and there was always food infront of me, I'd be fat too. :/

And to cover abit of what Sarah said. There is indeed no such thing as a free animal. My dog in the first year of owning him easily cost me $1000. You need to get their shots on time and neutering them before they go through puberty is extremely important. I personally didn't want Bleak "marking" in my house. :/ All of these things need to be done at a certain time. You can't put it aside for when it's convenient for you. Not to mention, you need to have backup money incase they get ill. Bleak got extremely ill about a year back and I had to leave him overnight at the vet on IV(this story breaks my heart even typing it). He had to get bloodwork done and the works. Cost me over $500 on the spot. And this wasn't a situation where I could put it off. He would have died for sure. D:

Ah, Bleak demands my attention. lol he's sitting at my feet growling at me to play. He says "hai!". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment